Jason leads in seismic inversion and reservoir characterization software and services, integrating geology, petrophysics, geophysics, and engineering to construct the most accurate and detailed reservoir models. These models are used to improve exploration and production plans and increase profitability.
We focus on helping our customers address the most compelling problems in exploration and development, including:
- Unconventional shale gas and shale oil—define the best drilling and frac program
- Thin reservoirs—locate and tap them most effectively
- Complex reservoirs—unravel tuning and AVO effects to map the true geologic character of the reservoir
A wealth of data is available to geologists, geophysicists and engineers searching for and developing reservoirs, but its true value is revealed only when these disciplines can collaborate. We are dedicated to making that possible.
- In 1993 our first client began using the Jason™ suite to transform seismic and well data into rock properties.
- In 2002 we acquired PowerLog®, the clear choice for well log analysis.
- In 2003, we added EarthModel® FT, an innovative geologic modeling system built around the revolutionary UpdateAbility and TrackAbility concepts.
- In 2009 we launched our Seismic to Simulation service offering, enabling customers to preserve their investment in seismic data through to a reservoir simulation model with extremely high history matches and long-lasting predictive power.
- In 2013 Jason became a CGG company, contributing its expertise to this leading integrated geoscience group.